3.3.10

Mail to Rajdeep Sardesai

Famous newsman, Mr Rajdeep Sardesai wrote an open letter to Mr Uddhav Thakare, during recent controversy over the release of Shah Rukh's film "My name is Khan" on his blog on IBN's site on 8th Feb, 2010. The letter can be read Here.
Having read the letter, I responded to the letter on 12th Feb... The text of the letter was as follows..

Dear Rajdeepji,
I have been a fan of yours from my younger days & have heard you on many news channels & analytical programmes.
I understand that violence or threats cannot be the way to have things your way.
What in your thoughts is the correct way to protect linguistic interests? Why should every Indian accept Hindi as his / her language? Can those who see strong arm protests for Marathi as political gimmick go to Tamilnadu & say the same thing for Tamil?
What in your thoughts is the correct way of stopping influx of non-tax-paying thieves of electricity & water who enter this megacity & thrive on the humble tax paying community & threaten their very existence?
Why can leaders of other states not guide their lot to stay in Mumbai with proper legal presence?

Mumbai that gives 56 K crores in taxes to central coffers every year, does not get anything to save itself from a repeat of 26th July. Why is it so?
Don't you think till the time these & related questions are amicably resolved, there will be many sons of soil who will want to follow strong arm tactics?
I hope I have not offended you by such questions. I do not advocate any political strategy as such. However I, like many other Indains need to be clear on all these queries.

Regards
Vasuki

1 comment:

Ameya AB said...

Nice one Sir! Great depth in your thoughts!